For those of you who would like to add or help out with assembling the pages for the various children and grand children of John James Stanaway. We have created this template as a guide. It is how we assemble the pages ourselves – if you want to only put down bullet points that is fine we can compile the final page. What usually takes the time is the researching.
- Full Name
- Birth Date (Birth Certificate number if known)
- Baptism if known
- Who they married (Marriage Certificate number) – any further information on the spouse and spouses parents who were they – birth and death years etc
- Children they had and year they were born (if they died before their parents what year)
- Any Birth/Death/Marriage notices from newspapers
- Photographs if any
- Where they grew up and went to school
- Occupation – working life
- Where they may have lived
- Family stories – good and bad
- Death Date (Death Certificate number if known)
- Where they died, buried (cemetery and plot numbers if available), cause of death
We are able to obtain further information from other sources and can perhaps provide your branch of the Stanaway family with further history you may never have known about.
Pingback: Research | Captain John James Stanaway 1813 – 1874
sorry about posting this in the incorrect area: aperahama taonui wrote in ‘he pukapuka whakapapa mo nga tupuna’ that muriwai was makoare taonui’s uncle. muriwai was brother to makoare taonui’s father ahuriri
Thanks Tahi for you comments – yes I was aware of the link to Muriwai. Any more information you have would be helpful such as hapu, marae etc. Have a look at my post on Susan Anderson the link to Taonui we have made still needs work and is one that apart from some DNA test we may not confirm 100%
My great grandfather was Matenga Paraone Pere, I believe the name Pere was first used after ww1? My great grandparents resided at the homestead near Ruawai, Dargaville, I have the address from probate. the history of Matenga Paraone Pere and his father from Matapihi Te Pere Matenga, as per world war records but his father I believe is from the Kaipara where my great grandfather came back to the family lands in the Kaipara, died and is buried there. Can you help with any information on my grt grt grandparents. Paraone.